Seychelles First NDC (Updated submission), Nationally Determined Contribution from Seychelles in 2021
The policy aims at making the country climate resilient, sustainable and low-carbon. Its objective is to facilitate a coordinated, coherent, proactive and effective response to the local, regional and global challenges and opportunities presented by climate change.Specific objectives of the policy are as following: 1) advance understanding of Climate Change and its impacts...
This plan notably tackles the adverse impacts of climate change on the country's coastal systems.
Targets (14)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- achieve a substantial mitigation benefit, lowering the GHG emission to a level of 817 ktCO2eq by 2030, relatively to baseline emission From 2016 iNDC: 122.5 KtCO2e (or 21.4%) reduction in 2025 and 188 ktCO2e (or 29.0%) reduction in 2030 in GHG emissions compared to baseline projectionsEconomy-wide · Target year: 2030
- 26.5 ktCO2e reduction below BAU in 2025 | 50.13 ktCO2e reduction below BAU in 2030Transportation: Transport: General · Target year: 2030
- • Seychelles commits to the implementation of its adopted Marine Spatial Plan and the effective management of the 30% marine protected areas within the Seychelles’ Exclusive Economic Zone;Coastal zones · Target year: 2030
- • Seychelles will establish a long-term monitoring programme for seagrass and mangrove ecosystems by 2025 and include the GHG sink of Seychelles’ blue carbon ecosystems within the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory by 2025;Coastal zones · Target year: 2025
- • Seychelles will protect its blue carbon ecosystems, i.e., at least 50% of its seagrass and mangrove ecosystems by 2025, and 100% of seagrass and mangrove ecosystems by 2030;Coastal zones · Target year: 2025