The Framework was released by the Council for Economic Planning and Development, which was was merged in 2014 with the Research, Development and Evaluation Commission to form the National Development Council. The document assesses the future potential impacts of climate change in Taiwan. It details adaptation strategies to review periodically and address via action plans. ...
This plan notably aims to enable the country to switch to clean energy and reduce its carbon emissions. The specific goals are as stated:◆ Encourage banks in Taiwan to extend credit to startups in such important fields as green technology.◆ Persuade banks to voluntarily adopt international Equator Principles, which dictate that impacts to society, the environment and other...
This Act aims at developing and better managing the national electric power resources, regulating electricity supply, facilitating the transformation of energy production, reducing carbon emissions, promoting a diverse energy supply, fair competition and reasonable business practice, protecting the interest of the users, and improving the welfare of the society, so as to f...
Targets (13)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- Long-term national GHG emission reduction goal shall be to reduce GHG emissions to no more than 50% of 2005 GHG emission by 2050Economy-wide: Economy Wide · Target year: 2050
- Reduce CO2---emissions, so that total emission could return to its 2008 level between 2016 ~ 2020, and further reduced to the 2000 level in 2025Economy-wide: Economy Wide · Target year: 2025Source: Strategic Framework for Sustainable Energy Policy
- Promote public emission reduction movement, encourage the public to reduce 1 kg of CO2---foot-print per dayEconomy-wide: Economy Wide · Target year: 0Source: Strategic Framework for Sustainable Energy Policy
- Increase the share of low carbon energy in electricity generation systems from the current 40% to 55% by 2025 against a 2008 baselineEnergy: Renewable Energy · Target year: 2025Source: Strategic Framework for Sustainable Energy Policy
- Increase the utilization of low carbon natural gas, therefore it could account for more than 25% of power generated by 2025 against a 2008 baselineEnergy: Fuels · Target year: 2025Source: Strategic Framework for Sustainable Energy Policy