- European Union
Deforestation is largely driven by the expansion of agricultural land that is linked to the production of commodities like soy, beef, palm oil, wood, cocoa, coffee, rubber and some of their derived products, such as leather, chocolate, tyres, or furniture. As a major economy and consumer of these commodities linked to deforestation and forest degradation, the EU introduced...
Regulation (EU) 2023/957 introduces amendments to Regulation (EU) 2015/757 in order to provide for the inclusion of maritime transport activities in the EU Emissions Trading System and for the monitoring, reporting and verification of emissions of additional greenhouse gases and emissions from additional ship types.
This Regulation establishes the Social Climate Fund for the period from 2026 to 2032.The Social Climate Fund shall provide financial support to Member States for the measures and investments included in their Social Climate Plans (the ‘Plans’). To be eligible for funding, each Member State should submit to the Commission a Social Climate Plan (the ‘Plan’). The Plans should...
Targets (57)Request to download all target data (.csv)
- reduce GHG emissions by 40% below 2005 levels by 2030Economy-wide · Target year: 2030
- Net zero -This Regulation sets out a binding objective of climate neutrality in the Union by 2050.Economy-wide: Economy Wide · Target year: 2050Source: Regulation (EU) 2021/1119 establishing the framework for achieving climate neutrality (European Climate Law)
- net zero by 2050Economy-wide · Target year: 2050Source: The European Green Deal
- Reduction of GHG emissions of at least 55 % compared to 1990 levels by 2030Economy-wide · Target year: 2030Source: Regulation (EU) 2021/1119 establishing the framework for achieving climate neutrality (European Climate Law)
- Reduction of EU GHG emissions by at least 30% below 1990 levels by 2020Economy-wide: Economy Wide · Target year: 2020Source: 2020 Climate and Energy Package (contains Directive 2009/29/EC, Directive 2009/28/EC, Directive 2009/31/EC and Decision No. 406/2009/EC of the Parliament and the Council ; see below)