National Adaptation Programme (last version covering 2018-2023)
The NAP sets out actions according to six themes:
- Built environment
- Healthy and resilient communities
- Agriculture and forestry
- Natural environment
- Business and local government.
The NAP identifies actions to be taken by the government, as well as by local governments, the private sector and civil society. The NAP focuses on particular areas of particular importance, guided by the CCRA's assessment of the magnitude, confidence and urgency scores assigned to particular risks.
The NAP also sets out four overarching objectives to address the greatest risks and opportunities arising due to climate change:
- Increasing awareness
- Increasing resilience to current extremes
- Taking timely action for long-lead time measures
- Addressing major evidence gaps.
On July 19th, 2018, a second version of the National Adaptation Programme was released. This version covers the period 2018-2023.